These delicious loaded BBQ hot dogs are perfect for feeding the family throughout the Summer months and are perfect to squeeze into a wee BBQ before we head into the colder weather. There are three ideas for the loaded dogs below but you can mix and match your favourite ingredients to create your own combination.
I love using brioche buns for this recipe they are so soft and fluffy and the kids love them. I have used the sausages from the Simon Howie BBQ range and the kids really enjoyed them in the loaded dogs. They also cook really well in the oven so if it is raining you can cook them in there.
These dogs are great on the BBQ but if your making them in the colder weather there is no reason why you can’t make them up in the oven and serve up some different seasonal toppings on the top.
If you like the sound of these delicious loaded dogs I’m sure you will like the following on my blog and Youtube channel. Why not serve up this delicious strawberry tart as a dessert after the BBQ hot dogs. The kids loved this one! You could also serve up this delicious chicken and oatmeal soup for a starter recipe. It is lovely and the kids really enjoy this one with fresh crusty bread. Its also a great soup to have as a meal too.
Tips for making this recipe:
- This recipe is fun and the kids love it! Its flexible in the way you can vary up the toppings and change things up to suit your individual child or your own preferences. We love these three toppings and have had others on our hotdogs but these three are our favourite.
- This recipe is so quick to make and is perfect for a busy day. You could even make all the salad toppings up ahead of time and whip everything together last minute.
- I used the sausages from Simon Howie as they have a great selection available for the BBQ season but you could use other sausages if you prefer. Veggie sausages would also work really well with these toppings.
Disclaimer *This recipe contains gifted promotional products and/or paid creative content* (as always all opinions of the product or service and delicious recipes are my own )
These delicious sausages were gifted by Simon Howie The Scottish Butcher who came from humble beginnings in Dunning, Perthshire, Scotland. They have a passion for producing high quality food products which includes their delicious BBQ range! It is perfect to pick up and pop on the BBQ before the colder weather arrives. Some of the BBQ range is listed below, we used the Jumbo Dogs in this recipe.
We also love the haggis they have for sale and one of our favourite make ahead breakfast recipes is to wrap up some hot veggie haggis, creamy scambled eggs and a good handful of cheddar cheese. Wrap it up and store it in the fridge for breakfasts. They are delicious! We also love the black pudding and the beef olives are one of my daughters faves too. You can find out more about the variety of products they have available on their website.
They have a huge range of products available online and have the following discount available for first time online shoppers and existing customers too! Click the link below to access the Simon Howie website:
“For a limited time, we are pleased to offer a 10% discount to customers placing an online order worth £30 or more with us for the first time. For all our regular online customers – not to worry! As a thank you for your continued support, this offer is also open to you too!” – website – https://thescottishbutcher.com/receive-10-off-your-first-online-shop/
You can pop over to their website and place an order or you can also find most of their products in supermarkets near you. I like to visit the larger Tescos to buy their products and find they have a good range there.
Loaded Summer Dogs
- Brioche Hot Dog Buns or baguette style buns
- Simon Howie Sausages choose from thier BBQ range
Cheesy American Dogs
- Cheddar Cheese
- BBQ Sauce
- Fried Onions
Mexican Loaded Dogs
- Salsa Chop up tomatoes, onions and jalepenos or use premade salsa
- Fried Onions
- Cheddar Cheese
Rainbow Loaded Dogs
- Salad Greens
- Grated Carrots
- Grated Beetroot
- Hummous Optional
- Cooked the sausages correctly on the BBQ according to the packet instructions and leave to cool slightly in a dish.
- Slice and butter the brioche or baguette buns and spread with chosen toppings from the above suggestions.
- Place the hot dogs or sausages in the buns and enjoy immediately.