I love banana cake but could it get any better? Oh yes…it can! This delicious banana cake includes soft white chocolate chunks and walnuts. You can also use pecans if you like too. Each slice contains pieces of crunchy nuts, soft chunks of white chocolate and a moist squishy sponge. It works well with a hot chocolate or a nice cup of tea.
This delicious banana cake is quick to throw together and the perfect way to use up those bananas that are heading to the compost pile. This cake is lovely eaten hot or cold and would make a great addition to an afternoon tea spread for family or friends.
I’ve used squishy spotty bananas in this recipe to add additional sweetness to the sponge and to create a really soft texture. You can enjoy this hot or cold and serve any leftovers up with some custard or cream after warming in the oven.
I used pecans in this recipe but it is equally delicious with pecans or other nuts of your choice. Pecans or walnuts work best though. You could also use milk or dark chocolate for the filling if you wanted to swap things up a bit.
Scottish Recipe Suggestions
If you like the sound of this delicious White Chocolate Banana Cake then you may also love some of my other favourite recipes. One of my favourites at this time of year is the lovely Cheddar Cheese Scone Round. This delicious soft round is lovely served up with a full bowl of warming Scottish Soup. This would go really well with a lovely bowl of Scottish Cock a Leekie soup which is another favourite at this time of year. Try serving up the delicious White Chocolate Banana Cake for pudding.
Tips for making this delicious White Chocolate Banana Cake
This cake is realy easy to make but here are a few tips to help you with the recipe –
- You want to use a squishy really ripe banana, over ripe even for this recipe. The kind of banana your just about to pop in the bin because its gone too far for eating. These give a nice moist sponge and a delicious sweet banana flavour.
- You can swap up the chocolate and use either a milk chocolate for this recipe or a dark chocolate. Both will give a different flavour but would work well in this recipe too. Why not even try mixing them up a bit and add in half milk and half white chocolate for fun.
- Try swapping up the walnuts in this recipe with pecans or other nuts of choice. Pecans or walnuts work best for this recipe.
- Be careful not to overcook this loaf and keep a close eye towards the end of the cooking time. Check the loaf in the middle of the cake with a pin to check if it is fully cooked through.
- Serve up immediately and enjoy any leftovers with thick cream or custard after warming in the oven.
White Chocolate Banana Cake Recipe
White Chococlate Banana Cake
- 1 1lb Loaf Tin greased with butter
- 3 Bananas mashed
- 2 Eggs
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 125g Unsalted Butter softened
- 175g Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 100g White Chocolate chopped into small pieces
- 60g Walnuts chopped
- Preheat the oven to 170c (fan) and grease a 1lb loaf tin.
- Mash the bananas with a fork and add in the eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add in the soft butter and mix with a hand mixer.
- Add in the flour, salt and caster sugar and mix through well.
- Add in the white chocolate pieces and the chopped nuts and hand mix in with a spoon.
- Pour into the greased loaf tin and pop in the oven for approximately an hour.
- Check your cake at around 45 mins to make sure it’s not burning and pop a pin through to see if it’s sticky inside.
- When it comes out fairly clean it’s done. This is quite a sticky loaf.