Hey everyone! Looks like we are having a final blast of the lovely Summer weather this week! I’ll say yes to that! So why not try this delicious BBQ chicken recipe before the lovely weather ends. Its a delicious and easy recipe that was given to me by The Granite Smoke on Instagram.
This recipe is really easy to make so grab your favourite BBQ rub, a good BBQ spice, a delicious chicken and your ready to roll! Check out the full ingredients below to get prepared.
This recipe is the perfect way to end the Summer months, its delicious with some salad but also works really well with roast potatoes, or other vegetables done on the BBQ. We love finishing it off with our favourite spicy chilli sauce.
If you like the sound of this delicious BBQ recipe you may also enjoy some of my other recipes. I would recommend serving this up with some traditional Scottish trifle for dessert. You could make a variation of this for the summer months using fresh Summer strawberries or raspberries. If you have any leftover chicken I would recommend making the chicken and oatmeal soup it is so very delicious. Especially with some freshly chopped herbs on the top.
This recipe was given to me by The award winning Granite Smoke on Instagram from Aberdeen. He has an amazing outdoor cooking page on Instagram and some of his BBQ delights are very impressive indeed. I’m no BBQ expert so if you need BBQ recipe tips pop over and follow his page. There is still plenty of time in the Autumn months to enjoy the outdoors and why not try some Winter cook outs too!
Mark Campbell is behind The Granite Smoke on Instagram and has won awards such as the 1st winner of Grillionaire and the 1st winner of Secret Sizzle!!! Wow! Check out some of his drool-tastic images on his Instagram feed below! Amazing!
Below are Mark’s original images for this delicious BBQ chicken recipe.
Tips for making this recipe:
- I have cooked the chicken half in the oven and half on the BBQ quite simply because I have a reputation of burning things on the BBQ but you can follow Marks original recipe by cooking it fully on the BBQ if you want to. All you need to do is rub with your favourite BBQ rub and cook it on the BBQ by smoking it indirectly for 2 hours at 250f until done. Brush the chicken with your favourite BBQ rub in the last 15 minutes of cooking time and serve. That is an approximate time.
- You can use your favourite BBQ spice rub and favourite BBQ sauce for this recipe so you could make it as spicy or as sweet as you like. Personally my fave is spicy! I have also added on an extra drizzle of chilli sauce after this recipe.
- You can serve this up with any vegetables or salad you have available seasonally. A fresh green salad works really well with a light drizzle of olive oil and some seasonings. Mark serves up this recipe with some sweetcorn on the side and its delicious as simple as that.
- One of the best BBQ tips he has is cook to temperature and not to time.
- You can cut the spatchcocked chicken in half if you wish to cook it similiar to Mark’s original recipe. I cooked my one whole.
BBQ Chicken Recipe
- Olive OIl
- 1 Spatchcock Chicken You can buy whole chicken but google spatchcock to prepare correctly for this recipe.
- Favourite BBQ Rub
- Favourite BBQ Sauce
- Chilli Sauce
- Sweetcorn to serve
- salad items to serve
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180oc and drizzle the chicken with a little olive oil.
- Sprinkle the chicken with a generous amount of BBQ spice rub and massage in to all the nooks and crannies.
- Season with salt and pepper and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and pour a generous amount of BBQ sauce over the chicken.
- Place the chicken on a preheated BBQ at a medium heat to finish off the cooking. Keep brushing with BBQ sauce until it is fully cooked through. (approx 20-30mins). Check for clear running jucies and check it is fully cooked before serving.
- Place on a serving dish and drizzle with your favourite chilli sauce.
- Serve up warm with sweetcorn and your favourite garden salad and vegetables.