Scottish wholemeal rolls, filled with roast Scottish pork and apples, salad items and a delicious fresh seasonal slaw. The perfect weekend lunch or easy family dinner. My kids love them and enjoy serving them up with BBQ sauce.
These delicious pork and apple rolls are made with the lovely Scottish pork and other ingredients from our local Scottish Aldi store. They stock a good range of Scottish made products and seasonal ingredients and are priced really well too.
AD Disclaimer *This recipe contains gifted promotional products and a paid promotional recipe – all recipes and opinions are my own*
The flavours of the Scottish roast pork, apples and onions all work really well together and the seasonal slaw adds a nice sweetness to the roll. You could serve it up in a white roll but I love the earthy flavours of the Scottish wholemeal rolls. They work really well to complete this meal.
This recipe is lovely served in the Winter and early Spring months, its a nice dish to warm you up on a cold day for lunch or a lighter family dinner meal.
If you like the sound of this recipe you may also enjoy serving it up alongside some of my other Scottish recipes. Some of my other favourite Winter and Early Spring recipes are the delicious beef and dumpling soup. It works really well as a warming dish in the cold months of the year. The creamy chicken pie is also another family classic which works well in the Winter and early Spring months. We love this creamy chicken pie its a family classic!
Tips for making this recipe:
- You can also make this recipe with other cuts of pork. If using a slow cooked cut of pork then you can shred the pork instead of slicing it into small pieces.
- The coleslaw is best made up fresh but if you have extra it does keep really well in the fridge and works really well in other sandwiches.
- Any leftovers can be stored to use in a future pork sandwich.
- Try spicing things up with a little chilli sauce. We love chilli sauce in this house and it works really well in this recipe.
Pork and Apple Rolls
- 4 Aldi Scottish Pork Chops
- 2 chopped Apples
- 1 chopped Onion
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 Onion sliced thin
- 1/4 Red Cabbage sliced thin
- 2 Medium Carrots grated
- Handful of Raisins
- Salt & Pepper
- 4-6 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 4 Scottish Wholemeal Rolls
- Lettuce & other salad items of choice
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Roast the Scottish pork chops in an oven dish with the apples, onion, a drizzle of olive oil and some salt and pepper for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, cool slightly and chop into small pieces and mix through well with the chopped apples and onions, return to the oven for 5-10 minutes to brown.
- Add all of the coleslaw ingredients into a large bowl, season well and add in enough mayonnaise to taste and texture.
- Split the rolls and butter. Spread with your favourite Aldi chutney and add your lettuce and salad items of choice on the bottom of the roll.
- Add your chopped pork and apple mix on top of the lettuce and load up your seasonal slaw on top. Pop the lid on and serve.