Suitable for Vegans
This cake is soooo delicious and even without the butter and eggs it is so super moist! I would recommend it to anyone looking for a vegan friendly cake recipe and for anyone looking to cook less with eggs or butter.
1 3/4 cups of self raising flour
1 1/2 cups of golden caster sugar
3/4 cups cacao powder
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of hazelnut milk (or other dairy free milk)
1/2 tsp of apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup of organic rapeseed oil
2 tsp of vanilla extract
1 cup of boiling water
4 Tbsp of Cacao Powder ( I used Pacari’s drinking cacao with ginger)
4 Tbsp of Golden Icing Sugar
My ingredients are always organic where possible.
- Add the flour, sugar, cacao powder and salt to a mixing bowl (I use my trusty kitchen aid) and mix on a low speed together.
- Mix the milk and vinegar together in a jug and leave for a few minutes.
- Turn the flour mixture back on low speed and slowly add in the oil, milk and vinegar and the vanilla extract and blend together for a minute or so.
- Add in the boiling water and mix on low, increasing the speed to medium to ensure its all fully blended.
- Pour into a well oiled cake tin, I used a drop of the rapeseed oil to oil the tin.
- Bake on 160-180 for around 40 minutes. Poke a stick or clean butter knife through the center of the cake to see if it is cooked through. If it comes out clean its done, if its still sticky it needs some more time in the oven.
- Leave the cake to cool.
- Add the cacao and icing sugar together in a bowl and add a little hot water splash by splash to mix through to a paste like consistency.
- Spread the icing on the cake and decorate with nuts, cherries or fresh strawberries.
- Slice and enjoy! Remember to share 😉
If you enjoyed this recipe and want to see more recipes and other Holistic Health ideas check out my YouTube Channel by clicking on the link below.